Friday, October 12, 2007

O Captain, My Captain?


This then is the new Captain America. He doesn't debut until January's Captain America #34 so we won't be sure who is in this shiny uniform (designed by Alex Ross) until then. Bucky Barnes...the Winter Soldier...seems the most likely candidate but we shall see.

The pistol and the knife make it unlikely that it is a resurrected Steve Rogers in the red, white, and blue (and black) togs but, again, we shall see.

Ed Brubaker and Steve Epting have made Captain America an enormously entertaining book even after they killed off the title character (the post-death cast...including The Winter Soldier, The Falcon, Sharon Carter, the Black Widow, Tony Stark, Maria Hill, and Nick Fury...has picked up the slack admirably) so I'm in for the long haul (though I am still hoping and expecting that Steve Rogers will return to the book and the uniform at some point in the future.)

3 comments:

Web Diva said...

Did you ever blog about Marvel 1602?

Michael K. Willis said...

I didn't blog about 1602 but I did enjoy it quite a bit...I didn't get into the sequel though.

The All Seeing Eye said...

What's Cap doing w/a freak'in gun?...